turkey chorizo tacos
- 6x 5" corn or flour tortillas
- 8 oz ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil, olive oil prefered
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz your favorite salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cotija works best here)
Mix thinly sliced onion, carrot and cabbage into a bowl. Add vinegar and salt, mix together and allow to marinate while you prepare the rest.
Heat a pan over medium heat, allow the pan to heat for at least 3 minutes, then add your oil. Add your ground turkey to the pan, stirring frequently. Brown the turkey well, then add all spices & salt to the pan. Stir until well seasoned. Turn off heat and reserve in the pan.
Heat tortillas over a dry, medium hot pan until toasted. Spoon turkey chorizo into tortilla shell.
Top with vegetable slaw, shredded cheese and salsa of choice. Enjoy!